Re: Suspension painting

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Suspension painting
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 00:29:28 -0400
Drew,
I have had excellent results with a quality engine enamel. A down side is
it takes a week or more to THOROUGHLY dry.
Many parts were dipped rather than sprayed by the factory or vendors.
This creates the "thick" look you mention. You can duplicate this method
by filling a container with water and pouring in paint until 1/4" to 1/2"
of paint covers the water. Slowly dip the part into the container using a
wire hanger and carefully remove. The paint displaces the water and
covers the part completely. This method works well with suspension
springs.
Hope this helps,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA