Re: TR6 Antenna Mount Location?

To: "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Antenna Mount Location?
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 08:17:12 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff S. Hapke wrote:

> Well the DPO has spread bondo over most everything, I found
> the location of the 3 door snaps for the tonneau by feeling
> around inside the door for the lump of bondo on the inside.
> Can anyone tell me where to start feeling for the radio
> antenna hole?

On my 1974 TR6, the radio antenna mounting hole is in
the top of the front left fender (wing), with the center
of the hole about 2" forward of the rear edge of the
bonnet, and as close to the edge of the fender as
possible.  This car is CF27535.

On my 1970 TR6, the antenna hole is on the front right
side of the car, in the top of the bulkhead / scuttle
panel.  I don't know when the placement moved.

I have also heard that the antennas were often installed
as a "dealer option" and thus would have varying placement
according to the dealer's preference.  Is there any
credence to this?

--ken

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com