Re: TR6 Antenna Mount Location?

To: hapkejs@cig.mot.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Antenna Mount Location?
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 09:03:47 -0400 (EDT)
Jeff

I also have an early '74 TR6. CF16990U. I just finished dealing with the
antenna. The original location is in the left front fender. You can access
the mount from the underside through the wheel well. There is a panel which
is secured by 6 bolts and is most probably coated with undercoat or some
other goop. I had an antenna that was broken. When I went into the wheel well
panel I found that it was very rusty and so were the rocker caps. The DPO had
covered the rust with a piece of sheet metal and then coated it with 1/2 inch
of undercoat. Fun huh?
Later
Ken Nachman
Richmond (VA) Triumph Register