Re: TR4 seats/Andy Mace

To: "Triumph Owners" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 seats/Andy Mace
From: Allen Hess <allen.hess@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 97 08:19:18 -0400
I have to chime in now. Andy's description of early TR4 seats is correct.
They have an extra depression in the bottom and are not flat like a TR3.
The original question asked "where have they all gone?" -- They all broke
and were probably discarded. Both of mine cracked and tore out around the
mounting holes. They were welded and tore out again in another spot. Have
a friend whose seats are the same (CT159xx). The sheet metal is just too
thin or the design is bad. I looked at Carlise for several years and
didn't find any. I recently spent about four days doubling up the bottom
pan and front of the seat. They are much sturdier now but time will tell.

Allen Hess CT13678L