Rubbing compound, paste wax: How to apply?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, resinext@aol.com, resinx@aol.com, DHoemberg@aol.com, 3030p@vm1.cc.nps.navy.mil, oggman2@aol.com, barry.bassola@us.landisgyr.com, dave.biagini@us.landisgyr.com, djcowan@aol.com, LCOWAN@housing.ucsc.edu, peter@deepthought.armory.com, shc1@axe.humboldt.edu
Subject: Rubbing compound, paste wax: How to apply?
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 08:03:43 -0700 (PDT)
   Anyone have a suggestion of how to apply rubbing compound or paste wax
to a car, other than sheer elbow grease?  I can't believe auto detailers
can make money taking that route.  Could one use an electric drill with
appropriate attachment or some other ingenious small appliance, unknown to me?
   Thanks.
John Cowan