Re: I'm so ashamed

Subject: Re: I'm so ashamed
From: Susan Hensley <susan@grotecon.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:35:54 -0500
<snip>
> I got more looks and inquiries driving my TR4 in one day than I did
> driving my Miata in two years.  It all depends on your value system.  Do
> you want a cool, fun car that is a challenge to keep up with, yet when
> running properly blows everything else away, or do you want a nice,
> reliable common convertible that has the charm of a turkey
> sandwich...........Just my humble opinion.
<snip>

Hi all!

Oh boy -- here's where I get flamed for sure.

My opinion is that if the Spitfire was still produced today, it would
resemble the Miata VERY closely.  And, IMHO, I think a lot of Miata
drivers buy their cars to have well-functioning, warranted, fun sporty
convertibles without headaches!  We who own, lust after, and love the
LBC's, are a rare breed in today's world, to have and care about these
cars that almost always need some form of maintenance, overhauling, or
total rebuilding.  I am very close to my car (no ribabld comments
accepted) and feel the work I do on it and the learning I do about it
brings me closer to it, while they may feel the joy of getting in their
LJC without having to check the dashpot oil or wonder what that new drip
under the rear end is.  To each his/her own!  Frankly, let 'em have
their Miatas -- more LBC's for us!

Yee-OWTCH!  That was HOT!
Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   %)