ignition wires

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: ignition wires
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 19:16:39 -0600
Well I have given up on getting Lucas green wires for my TR6 through
TRF. They have been out of stock since early spring. Same for their
"bumble-bee" performance wires (made of the Lucas yellow with black
stripe wire).

What is another good source for the Lucas wires? I would like to get the
green ones if possible but perhaps I will have to give in on this one.
If so, what do people recommend?

I have just received the Lucas sport coil from TRF and will also be
installing the Pertronix electronic ignition. Recently there was a
thread discussing the potential probelms with using certain types of
wires with electronic ignition. Did we ever resolve this issue? I don't
recall reading a definitive statement on this topic.

Again, any help greatly appreciated.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada