ignition wires

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: ignition wires
From: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:38:16 -0400
Message text written by Peter Zaborski
>I have just received the Lucas sport coil from TRF and will also be
installing the Pertronix electronic ignition. Recently there was a
thread discussing the potential probelms with using certain types of
wires with electronic ignition. Did we ever resolve this issue? I don't
recall reading a definitive statement on this topic.<

Peter-

I was somewhat involved in that discussion and together with some off list
and ended up installing Accell 8 mm high performance wires. They are bright
yellow, look great and run really nicely. About $26 and available at most
general auto supply stores, though you might have to special order. 5 year
warranty as I recall. Be sure to use hot plug ( BP5ES or N12Y) and gap at
.035. I am currently actully running with AC Rapidfire plugs as an
experiment-so far pretty nice. Also make sure you are running 12 volts to
the hot coil-ie no ballast permitted. The total system effect is
amazing-instant start, smooth running, good power-no fear.

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6