RE: Major trim kit

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Major trim kit
From: "Eric C. Rupert" <eric@rpm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 22:39:02 -0400
On Wednesday, September 10, 1997 7:20 PM, WINDOWSEET@aol.com
[SMTP:WINDOWSEET@aol.com] wrote:
> Hello, listers;
>
> I've seen a feww postings lately about the lack of originality in the trim
> pieces being sold by VB. I just receieved mine a few days before leaving for
> my current stay in Canada so I haven't had the opportunity to install any of
> it or draw my own conclusions. However, lacking many of the sealing gaskets
> around doors and bonnet (discarded by previous DPO's and body shop operators)

I ordered and installed one in my Spitfire MKII about 2 years ago.  I was
pleased with all but the gaskets that go on the sides of the windscreen.  They
just didn't seem to fit no matter how they were positioned.  I still don't have
any on as I threw them away.

> One thing I did notice after receiving my Major Trim Kit was that I had to
> take some time to figure out which pieces fit the description in the catalog
> since the trim kit had no packing list or instructions for fitting.

Agreed, it was sort of a puzzle.  I assume that my windscreen piences didn't
fit because they were all that we left.  Maybe they were for something else.
 hmmm.