Re: Major trim kit

To: "Triumph Guys" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <WINDOWSEET@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Major trim kit
From: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 20:09:40 -0700
Hello, listers;

> I've seen a feww postings lately about the lack of originality in the
trim
> pieces being sold by VB.

<snip>
One thing I did notice after receiving my Major Trim Kit was that I had to
> take some time to figure out which pieces fit the description in the
catalog
> since the trim kit had no packing list or instructions for fitting. One
> lister noted that the only thing his major Trim Kit would fit was the
trash
> can!!!!
<snip>

Greg-
That would be me...
I threw the little beauties in the ole dumpster so that I wouldn't spend
any more time gaining frustration points after I, 1)Tried to fit the "fuzzy
seals"...nothing holds them to the body other than some sort of glueing
arangement which I had to devise, and 2) The outer door waist seals lack
ANY sort of reinforcement ( the originals have a steel piece molded into
them) and after I spent many hours trial fitting them, they pulled out
immediately when I rolled the window up and down the first time (the lack
of reinforcement allowed them to "roll" out of their retainers and follow
the window and unbeknownst to me, when they "rolled" out, the retaining
clips "rolled" with the unreinforced seal so that I now have a set of five
dual scartches up the window glass).

Take a look at the "fuzzies and tell me what holds them onto the body !
Then tell me what is gonna keep that wimpy little waist seal in place.

Yep ...fit the trash can perfectly....
       Nick in Nor Cal

Hate to say something negative (hey, I'm just not that kinda guy) but I
think I'm justified here.