Re: High-Tech (was Re: M)

To: Mark Stahlke <mstahlke@denver.infi.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: High-Tech (was Re: M)
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 23:50:37 -0400
Mark Stahlke wrote:

> I vote for the market with the most true enthusiasts.

  The Miata doesn't have enthusiasts? Where do you live? Arewe talking
about the same car here? Your arguments might
be valid for some grocery-getter, but people who have Miatas
tend to like them. A lot.

  Even if one in two TR owners are "enthusiasts", and one
in TEN Miata owners are enthusiasts, it's still a giant market. Hell
even Moss has a Miata catalog.

  As well, the parent company is still in business making
parts. If they go under like British Leyland, expect to see
the vacuum filled by a sudden rush of parts suppliers
eager to take the market.

> How many of those million+ cars will be on the road in 40 years?

  Well, a hell of a lot I would suspect. Pretty much every Miata
I see on the road is in great shape, even the ones that are 8 years
old.

  Other than accidents, I have yet to see a "beat up" Miata
or a Miata in a scrapyard. They also hold their value extremely
well, it's rare to see ANY Miata around here for sale for
less than $10000 CDN.

  Again, I think you are using the word Miata but picturing
like a Mazda 323 or a Chevy Cavalier in your head. Maybe
you don't like them, but that doesn't mean nobody else does.