Spit flood

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit flood
From: tom.omalley@channel1.com
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 23:14:09 GMT
John writes:

>Tom:
>Do you have any rust in the battery box?  There was a big hole rusted
>through below the battery in my parts car, and every time it would rain
>the car would "mysteriously" flood.
>It's not an obvious thing unless you pull the battery...

Ah!....forgot all about this.  Rusted through battery boxes certainly
are common on Spits and GT6s.  The original poster was the one with
the water problem so maybe he'll see this... Jason, I think.

My own Spit has had it battery box "rebuilt" by the PO with folded
aluminum and epoxy.  Not very pretty but the integrity seems to be
there...he even re-connected the drain tube. :-)   Gonna put this back
to OEM  "RealSoonNow".

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits