RE: Lucas Sports Coil

To: "'DANMAS@aol.com'" <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Lucas Sports Coil
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 18:58:12 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Thanks Dan.

I follow all you say except one thing. On my diagram (from Bentley) for
the 75-76 (it combines them into one diagram), I cannot see the starter
solenoid. The white red wire comes off the ignition/starter switch (is
this the solenoid?) #4, and goes to the starter relay #7. I had wondered
about the "lack of activity" on the starter relay but forgot to mention
it my previous post. In any event I will do as you say and run a white
wire to the sport coil.

What guage/rating of wire should I buy for this purpose? I will be
soldering the connection together and then placing heat shrink tubing
around the joint. If I can somehow run it along the harness and just
branch off the same place where the current white-yellow and shoelace
wires branch off I will do that as well to keep a clean appearance.

BTW, your suggestion was different from that of Barry Schwartz who
suggested that the ceramic thing is the resistor. Is this noise
suppressor also a 75-76 only part which was left off the wiring diagram?
I assume it should be included and labelled as such?

Thanks for all your help and info!

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada