Re: Ordering from Rimmer Brothers?

To: gambony@hotmail.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ordering from Rimmer Brothers?
From: Bristol7@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 00:44:57 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-15 16:19:48 EDT, gambony@hotmail.com writes:

<< Has anyone else here in the US ordered from Rimmer Bros, and succeeded
 in getting the parts shipped for less than $50 per order.  It seems that
 beyond a certain minimum weight (probably more than a head gasket),
 Rimmer uses UPS, and their minimum shipping/handling charge is 29 GBP.
 Working the math, that's about $50.

I have success ordering from Rimmer, and I believe the major parts houses in
the U.S. source parts for their bins from Rimmer too. When ordering I always
request
they send me a pro forma invoice by fax prior to confiming my order. This
should
include the shipping charges as well as a parts subtotal. This allows me the
oppor-
tunity to compare pricing (I'm young, poor and still remember TR-7's looking
much
cooler than that old stuff) with other suppliers. The Rimmer folks have been
very
friendly and willing to work up a pro forma for me before confirming an
order.
Lastly, I would carefully watch the dollar/pound exchange rate....your
invoice
amount in dollars can change dramatically depending on the rate.
Hope this helps.     Best Regards, Kirk Yonker