Felt grease seals for front hub, TR6

To: duhart@symbol.com
Subject: Felt grease seals for front hub, TR6
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 97 11:53:59 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
     I can't advise how to get the rotor closer, but I recently heard that
     there's a torque spec. for the castle nut, once you get the other
     problem solved:

     tighten to 5 ft. lbs. and back off one hexagon flat.

     (Wayne at "Triumph's Only" told me this when I got some grease seals
     there.)

     Also, I seem to remember the metal ring going toward the bearing when
     I took mine off - not that it was necessarily properly installed by
     the PO, who also only left me with one grease seal. And mine's a TR3,
     so it may be different on the different models.

     Hope this helps,
     Jim Wallace