Re: Felt grease seals for front hub, TR6

To: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: Felt grease seals for front hub, TR6
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 20:24:31 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
DUHART JOHN wrote:

>         These new seals have a metal rim/ring which I've placed up against the
> vertical link.  The old seal I removed (Yes, only one hub had a seal!)
> had no metal rim/ring.

In the case of Heralds & Spitfires, the metal ring actually fits into
the recess in the back of the hub. When the old seals are removed, the
metal and felt parts have seperated, and the metal has to be prised out
from the hub. Are you sure you don't have the original metal component
embedded in the hub? Probably no help, but maybe worth mentioning....
--

    ^================^      This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
 |_|                  |_|   1975 Spitfire 1500