Felt grease seals for front hub, TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Felt grease seals for front hub, TR6
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 97 11:19:12 -0400
Hey All,

        I was putting the brake calipers on the front wheels last night and ran
into a problem.  They won't go over the rotors.  The rotors are to far
from the frame.  When I rebuilt the front, I put in new grease seals.
I've seen a few messages warning that the new seals are larger than the
originals, and I think this is the  problem I'm running into.

        These new seals have a metal rim/ring which I've placed up against the
vertical link.  The old seal I removed (Yes, only one hub had a seal!)
had no metal rim/ring.

        What have people done to get these seals to fit.  I need to compress
about 1/16 of an inch, but I think I may already be compressing right up
to the rim/ring.  Should I cut down the ring (HOW)?  Should I remove the
felt from the ring and just go with the felt?

Thanks,
JHD IV