Re: Real Live TR6 Fuel Pump Question -Reply

To: scotty@sni.net, ccfarm@tranquility.net
Subject: Re: Real Live TR6 Fuel Pump Question -Reply
From: Martin Wilson <martinw@fmc.gov>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 12:41:24 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
FWIW, I have learned NEVER park my tr facing DOWNHILL!!, for that
exact reason.

Marty wilson
former sixer"
now schrewfirer"
(always a waverer)

>>> Scott Paisley <scotty@sni.net> 09/16/97 11:27am >>>
Chad wrote:

[...]I noticed that my TR6 block was a little moist around the fuel pump

[...]I casually smelled the dipstick and I got a faint whiff of fuel.

IMO, the fuel in your oil is not coming from the fool pump.  Likely you
need
new jets in the carbs.  The TR6 gas tank is higher than the float bowls
in the carbs
and it will siphon gas down the intake manifold, past the valves, and
then down
into the sump.  This just happened to me a few months back.

I suspect the fool pump as did you, however, there are drains in the
pump to prevent
this from happening, (Vents on the bottom of the pump, if it's stock)
It is possible
that fuel is getting into the sump via the fuel pump, but it's not very
likely.

Hope this helps.

-Scotty '75TR6