Re: TR3 wirinbg harness

To: "Paul Poplawski, Phd" <Paulpop@ssnet.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 wirinbg harness
From: "M. W. Jordan, Jr." <mw_jordan@nationalpicture.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 15:24:09 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
$60 per for 16 hours ?  I don't think so.

I put in a new wiring harness in a 59 TR3A last winter.  It took the better
part of two evenings (probably because I didn't know what I was doing) and
works perfectly now.  I had some problems in several areas, but eventually
worked them all out.

I would say do it yourself.  You will know where the weak spots are when
you fasten every connector, and will probably pay greater attention to
detail than the hired hand.

Good luck.

M. W. Jordan, Jr.
Greenwood, MS

----------
> From: Paul Poplawski, Phd <Paulpop@ssnet.com>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: TR3 wirinbg harness
> Date: Tuesday, September 16, 1997 11:46 AM
>
> I have had a partial wiring harness meltdown due to a short in one part
of
> the system ... the high beam switch, installed by a mechanic I thought
knew
> what he was doing.  I own a '57 TR3 .. it's gorgeous by the way.  It now
> appears that the entire harness may have to be replaced since the
meltdown
> seems to have spread to the right side of the harness near the headlight
> all the way back to the switch.
>
> My question is this ... not being extremely mechanical, but being fairly
> obsessive when need be, I was wondering just how difficult putting in a
new
> harness would be if I had the harness, wiring diagram, time and a bit of
> patience?  A local mechanic wants to charge me 16 hours times $60/hr for
> this job.  What do you all think?

ャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャャ
ャ