Re: TR3 wirinbg harness

To: Paulpop@ssnet.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 wirinbg harness
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 15:53:12 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-16 14:30:23 EDT, Paulpop@ssnet.com writes:

> My question is this ... not being extremely mechanical, but being fairly
>  obsessive when need be, I was wondering just how difficult putting in a
new
>  harness would be if I had the harness, wiring diagram, time and a bit of
>  patience?  A local mechanic wants to charge me 16 hours times $60/hr for
>  this job.  What do you all think?

Paul:

For that kind of money, I would almost be willing to come out and wire it for
you myself! No way, Jose, would I pay someone that much for that task. The
only thing required to do the job that you didn't mention was a six-pack or
two of your favorite beverage. There is no reason in the world you can't do
it yourself, and in less than 16 hours.

Go for it, and remember, we're here to help! Just remember to lay the new
harness down alongside the old, and make the new connections, one by one,
before you remove the old harness, and take notes. That way, you will know
exactly where each wire goes.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74