Re: Road Atlanta Historics

To: "Hugh R McAleer" <vitesse@juno.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Road Atlanta Historics
From: "Larry Griffin" <lgriffin@peace.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 17:34:32 -0400
On Sunday, September 21, 1997 4:06 PM
Hugh R McAleer <vitesse@juno.com> wrote:

.........CUT...........
>  All in all, nothing quite as neat as the smells, the dirt ( good ole'
> red Georgia clay ) and feeling the ground shake as the race cars go by as
> a day at Road Atlanta.

Hugh,

You're right. Some on my best memories as a former SCCA worker (F&C)
were the Can Am races in the early 70's at Road Atlanta. Nothing like the
sound of that field going by on the first race lap!

Obligatory lbc content:
One of my first goals after getting the Spitfire finished is to
take a road trip back to Road Atlanta.  Any race would be fun, but it
would be great if a McLaren or two were there....

Larry C. Griffin
lgriffin@peace.edu
68 Spitfire