Re: TR6 Door Alignment

To: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Door Alignment
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 18:05:48 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff Nathanson wrote:
> I tried almost every conceivable combination of bushings and plates and it
> doesn't
> seemd to make much difference.
>
>         Has anyone been through this before and has had succes aligning the
> doors?
> I appreciate your feedback and/or suggestions.
>
>         Thanks much,
>         Jeff N.
>         '72 TR6
Jeff, after I rearranged my drivers side door by backing it into the
garage door.(Don't Ask!) I managed to restore some resemblance of
squareness. I removed the door and using wahsers between the door and
hinge. By varing the number of washers, @ 3 at the top hinge, 1 at the
bottom hinge, I got everthing square, It a bit of trial and error and
you'll need another pair of hands to assist. But it was cherper than
paying  a body shop to do it.