Spitfire 1500 engine stalling

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Triumph)
Subject: Spitfire 1500 engine stalling
From: hendrick@siu.edu (Mark Hendricks)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 97 01:35:08 GMT
I need advice!  I'm a new subscriber to this list serve.  I need some
suggestions about my 1976 Spitfire 1500.  The engine has a bad habit of
completely stalling out while at cruise going down the road in 4th gear.  The
stalling is all of a sudden. The engine does not sputter at all, it just quits.
 It will start up after a few hours most times, other times it will start up
right away.  Most times it seems to happen on hot or humid days.  I don't
really see the problem too much in the late fall months when it is cooler.  My
instinct was...Vapor Lock.  I've seen several mechanics about it, but they
don't seem to think it is a vapor lock problem.  Any Ideas on what other things
it could be, or is it vapor lock.  (any cures?)  Thankyou in advance!
Mark Hendricks
Spitfire 1500