Cold Beer Ends Vapor Lock

To: Mark Hendricks <hendrick@siu.edu>
Subject: Cold Beer Ends Vapor Lock
From: "Brian W. Neuschwander" <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 20:54:17 -0700
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Mark Hendricks wrote:
> it could be, or is it vapor lock.  (any cures?)  Thankyou in advance!
> Mark Hendricks
> Spitfire 1500

Mark-

Are you missing the heat shield between the manifold/cat and the carb?
Also, where is the fuel line routed?  I has to get some good tubing and
bent it to fit up on the firewall a little bit, instead of just over the
bell housing.  I routed it up and across all the way to the battery then
forward to the carb.

A quick cure it to pour cold beer (I hear only beer works) over the fuel
line to get rid of the vapor lock real fast.
Let us know what happens.

--
Brian W. Neuschwander
Beach City Gas Station