Re: Reflections on The British Invasion, Stowe, VT

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Reflections on The British Invasion, Stowe, VT
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:14:45 -0400
OK, here's my take on the show:

Don't miss this one next year, folks! I have never seen so many British
cars in one place; there must have been 50 TR6's lined up. Meeting the
Listers was fun. After the show was adjourned Saturday, we retired to a
pub, went out to dinner, followed by more lounging. Yesterday morning we
returned to the show field, in the rain, and at times it was sleeting. It
was the first time I've had to clean my car after a show; there is a
sizeable pile of mud and grass in front of my house now. The Mistress
carried me 600+ miles without missing a beat. (Hint: wear earplugs on long
trips; you'll be fatigued much less.)

Snippets: A Highlander standing in the rain playing "Amazing Grace" on the
pipes as the cars file from the field; a purple lowered Mini with a
bazzili-watt stereo system and an in-dash TV hooked to a Sega game system;
hearing the story of the R-R that collected a dent being put into position
on the show field; trying to push-start a Jag sedan on wet grass.

Already looking forward to next year....

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)