Reflections on The British Invasion, Stowe, VT

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Reflections on The British Invasion, Stowe, VT
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 07:56:37 -0400
Greetings fellow listers,

I am quite pleased to report the TR3B made it!  We did a total of 460
miles over the weekend on a one day old head gasket replacement. Never
touched a tool all weekend!

As for the show, Saturday was a washout, they acutally more or less
cancelled the festivities around 2:00PM. Everybody left. Sunday was
really cold, and maybe 200 cars came back. The awards were given, they
gave away two pairs of British Airways round trip tickets to England,
and we were off. The weather was so bad on Saturday, Helen and I didn't
really circulate real well to see all the cars! I think the participants
choice voting was way off, as many people we talked to didn't bother due
to the weather.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have pictured my wife and I would be
sitting in the TR3 to keep dry! Yup, the hood was up, the sidecurtains
were in, and we were cozy!

I'll guess about 350 cars showed up. They did announce they had all but
20 of the preregestrants show up, but I'll bet lots of people came
without their cars!

I was a bit disappointed with the number of listers who showed up, we
met Chris Bullock, Phil Barnes, Joe Merone, Keith Erlich and Clark
Nichols.

For future reference, a bunch of cars with the SOL logo in the windows
was a curiousity to some folks. Problem was, I am sure they were all
wondering why all these people thought they were s*** outta luck! We
have to come up with a better way of identifying ourselves at shows!
--
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/