Re: Reflections on The British Invasion, Stowe, VT

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Reflections on The British Invasion, Stowe, VT
From: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:57:35 -0400
I would echo Philip's comments on the British Invasion.

My wife and I arrived on Friday afternoon in our Honda (boo) and went to the
field to see what was there. It was mostly cars checking in but did get a
chance to see about 10 TR6s just sitting around. Basically, it was a large
empty field with a few tents around it. There were no cars on the field at
that time.

Came back Saturday around 10:30 and the field was full of british cars. It
was a sight to behold. We worked our way through a large group of
Austin-Healys (forgive me for I've sinned by not starting with the
Triumphs). Naturally, went right to the TR6s next. As Phil said, there must
have been 50 of them. What a sight. Right at the front of the pack was
Chris' RHD PI red TR6. Nice looking car, would have loved to hear it run but
something about the umbrella sticking out of the engine compartment
prevented that. Met a few other people from the list. Nice to be able to put
a face with an e-mail address. We did make it down the line of TR6's. There
were some very nice cars there. Our neighbors from the north were well
represented with some fine looking cars. Unfortunately, the rain picked up
and got a bit windy. We headed for the registration tent to get something to
eat and hope the rain would let up. It didn't. Only got to visit a couple of
the vendor tents. My wife bought me a Triumph hat. Thank goodness Phil
happened by or I would have purchased one which had the laurel emblem on it
which is not appropriate for the year TR6 I have.

Anyway. I would encourage people to go next year. It was a great experience
even without taking the '6.

Ed

74 TR6