Old Triumphs Helphing Newer Vehicles

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Old Triumphs Helphing Newer Vehicles
From: "K.R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 07:47:00 -0400
Jack Brooks wrote:
>I stopped, to share my gallon water jug with an overheated
"new" car.  That felt soooo >goooood.

This reminds me of a cold, rainy Sunday morning on the Polo
Field at TRF's Summer Party a few years ago. A couple of young
guys had a humungous U-Haul Truck that they had driven in loaded
down with parts for the flea market. I guess someone had left
the inside lights on all night during the Field Party and the
battery was totally flat. Since I had jumper cables I pulled up
along side and gave him a jump start with my 33 year old TR4.
The guys with the U-Haul thought this was so cool I had to wait
while they found their camera to take a picture of these ancient
Lucas electrics firing up more modern American machinery in the
earlier morning fog. You're right Jack, it made me feel pretty
good!

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road