Re: Important LBC Tip

To: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Important LBC Tip
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 07:47:09 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
schuyler grace wrote:

> FYI, if your LBC suddenly stops running, check the hollow metal
> container behind the seats.  Apparently, it must have something more
> than air in it for the engine to operate, even if the fuel gauge shows
> the car is 3/4 full of gasoline (where ever that stuff is kept).

> If Mr. Streeter (Ken) would like, I would be more than happy to
> write up this handy troubleshooting tip for the VTR Maintenance
> page...    I just discovered this problem tonight while driving
> home, so I'm pretty sure I'm the only person to have run across
> and successfully addressed it.

Hmm.  That's not a bad idea.  However, I'm afraid that you're
not the first to have noticed this, but the second, as I ran
into the exact same problem on my 1970 TR6 on my way back from
the VTR National convention, except mine occurred at the 1/8
point on the fuel gauge.  Maybe this is a systemic problem
with the manufacturing of Triumph motorcars?

:-) :-)

--ken

PS:  Actually, it probably isn't just limited to Triumphs as
I once had this happen on a 1986 Taurus when the fuel gauge
registered 3/4, as well.  Maybe the function of that hollow
metal container is an unexplained phenomenon, like the "soft
brakes fix" Bruce described?

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |