TR6 Steering Problem

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Steering Problem
From: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 11:12:17 -0400

I've been experiencing a problem with the steering on my TR6. It may be
related to the replacement of the trailing arm - which will be done tomorrow
with a four wheel alignment on Friday.  However, I'm wondering if there
might be another problem.

Here's what happens. While driving (of course, its not going to do it while
sitting still) if I hit a fair size bump the car seems to jump to the right.
Have to correct quickly with steering wheel. Steering wheel then seems to be
a bit out of alignment. Have had one upper ball joint, two tie rod ends and
most of the front suspension bushings replaced.

Any thoughts on other causes?

Ed

74 TR6
"Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse
 will happen to you the rest of the day."

Ed Hutchinson
Financial Aid Office
SUNY Inst. of Technology
P.O. Box 3050