RE: First day of Autumn

To: "Ken Streeter" <streeter@sanders.com> (Return requested), "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: First day of Autumn
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 24 Sep 1997 13:32:00 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 071BE342978C00A3-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 24 Sep 1997 13:32:00 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 24 Sep 1997 13:32:00 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <071BE342978C00A3*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Ken Streeter wrote:
Brrr!  Today is definitely the first day of Autumn here
in New Hampshire.  This morning I woke up to find the
thermometer at a chilly 30F, with frost and ice on the
cars parked outside last night.
But, the top was down still down on my TR6 from a
glorious weekend (as Paul Burr mentioned), so I
decided to leave it down, and brave the cold on the
morning drive to work.
Brrr!  10 miles of 75mph highway driving with the
top down in 30F weather, even with gloves, a fleece,
and a winter hat, is not particularly wise.  But,
it's still great to feel the crisp fall air on the
slower back-road driving.
I'm afraid it's almost time to lug out the hardtop --
I dare say the Winnipeg folks already have...
================
Ken - you describe an event that is totally foreign to us Westcoasters.
Although I did live in D.C. for a short time in the 80s, I have hard time
imagining what it must be like to drive around in an LBC in below 50 degree
weather.

I'm not bragging about SoCal weather (it gets terribly hot and smoggy at
times), it's just different.  I will say that I have this recurring dream
of tooling down a back road somewhere in Connecticut or New Hamshire, along
a tree lined twisty two lane road, autumn colors everywhere, leaves
scattering left and right as I cruise along in the Spitfire (Hell, any
Triumph would do), top down, crisp 55 degree air temp., clear sunny skies
with some puffy clouds here and there, past country estates and some farm
land, a gorgeous blond by my side, wicker picnic basket loaded with crusty
french bread, an excellent Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, some fine cheeses,
a big old tarten blanket, maybe a couple of other Triumphs along for a
small caravan, stopping for a picnic by a stream........(sigh) then I wake
up.

Thanks for stirring that dream again.
Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.