Re: First day of Autumn

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: First day of Autumn
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 01:55:45 -0700
Hugh R McAleer wrote:

> Last night, we went cruising in the Stag, top down, about 80 some odd
> degrees. Got caught in a little rain shower and found that the Stag
> keeps
> you pretty dry at speed.  Still just as much fun to drive in some
> inclement weather as the Spit was 27 years ago...great cars these
> Triumphs!

Hugh,

I got caught in that same shower (or its cousin) in Buckhead, and "the
Spit" is still fun to drive in inclement weather!  I got soaked to the
skin and a few strange looks from those folks all bundled up in their
Jellybean mobiles, but it was a ball from the time the first two-gallon
raindrop splattered into my forehead until I got home.  It was almost as

fun as driving to work with the top down in a snow storm a couple of
years ago.  The snow incident inspired a few more strange looks,
though.  :-)

My little trip out into the weather also proved the wisdom of a unique
(I think) and most useful modification I've made to my Spitfire.  I let
the floor pans on both the driver's and passenger's sides rust through
in several places, so the excess water drains right out, and I don't
have to worry about rotting carpets.  Before too long, this modification

should prove even more useful, as I will be able to place my feet on the

ground while seated in the car and push start it with ease!  I highly
recommend such a modification to others, and you can say that it's
completely stock for concours judging.

BTW, it was good to see the reports from Road Atlanta and Chattanooga
that you and the other listers sent in.  I missed both onna 'counta a
girl, but I can't complain much!  Your reports gave me some of the best
of both worlds (I'm afraid women -- or *this* woman, at least --still
come before LBCs in my book -- my apologies to those who feel
otherwise).

-Schuyler

--
Schuyler E. Grace