Re: Panasport Wheels

To: mxgo@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Panasport Wheels
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 97 14:52:47 PDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin Gonzales wrote:
        > I am trying to determine what is the difference between the TRF
        > panasports, the Moss bolt-on, and the VB bolt-ons.

Panasport make Panasport.  They are a Japanese company, and are distributed
by someone in LA.  I would not recommend doing business with the LA
importers, ad they dont know anything about rim size, offset, backspacing
etc.  K-Speed seem to offer the best prices (standard disclaimers
here) and are very knowledgable..

The Panasports appear (to me) somewhat more aggressive than the
Moss/VB repros (made by a Brit company KN?).  All are only
passable as Series 1 Minilites from at least 10 feet.  The Panas
hves a removable hub cap where it may be possible to insert the
red TR6 labels, but I have not tried that yet.  The KNs do not
have a removable cap.  Tha Panas also have a "machined" rim,
providing a contrast with the powder coated "spokes" (available
in silver, gold or black), which I find very attractive.  The Panas
also come in wider widths, and you also have the option of buying
them in magnesium - very light but much extra $$.

Some folk prefer the KNs, and I would describe them as more
"traditional".  Racers prefer the look of the Panas.

My $0.02.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego