Re: Panasport Wheels -Reply

To: vicwhit@octonline.com, ingate@shiseis.com
Subject: Re: Panasport Wheels -Reply
From: Martin Wilson <martinw@fmc.gov>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 11:31:01 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, mxgo@ix.netcom.com
Vic don't bogart the scoop, where did you get the wheels for the spit,
how much, what tires do you run on them and last but not least -- the
usual caveats

tia
marty wilson
78 (nobody to wave at) spit

Shane F. Ingate wrote:

> Martin Gonzales wrote:
>         > I am trying to determine what is the difference between the TRF
>         > panasports, the Moss bolt-on, and the VB bolt-ons..
>
> Panasport make Panasport.  They are a Japanese company, and are
distributed
> by someone in LA.  I would not recommend doing business with the
LA
> importers, ad they dont know anything about rim size, offset,
backspacing
> etc.  K-Speed seem to offer the best prices (standard disclaimers
> here) and are very knowledgable...
>
> The Panasports appear (to me) somewhat more aggressive than the
> Moss/VB repros (made by a Brit company KN?).  All are only
> passable as Series 1 Minilites from at least 10 feet.  The Panas
> hves a removable hub cap where it may be possible to insert the
> red TR6 labels, but I have not tried that yet.  The KNs do not
> have a removable cap.  Tha Panas also have a "machined" rim,
> providing a contrast with the powder coated "spokes" (available
> in silver, gold or black), which I find very attractive.  The Panas
> also come in wider widths, and you also have the option of buying
> them in magnesium - very light but much extra $$..
>
> Some folk prefer the KNs, and I would describe them as more
> "traditional".  Racers prefer the look of the Panas..
>
> My $0.02..
>
>         Shane Ingate in San Diego
I just bought a set of KN Minator wheels on Sunday for my 76 Spitfire.
They look great. I beg to differ on the removable cap. Mine have caps
and will take the standard Triumph sticker. The stickers need to be cut
down by removing the silver edge down to the blue ring.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario