TR-4A - Trunk floor size and attachment question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-4A - Trunk floor size and attachment question
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:21:42 -0700 (PDT)
   I'm planning to homebrew a replacement for the missing trunk floor in my
solid axle late model TR-4A rather than buy one for $150.  Can anyone tell me:

1.  How is the front of the trunk floor mounted to the chassis?  There are
clips welded to the chassis at the front on either side of the spare tire
space.  It looks like they are perfectly located to slip a quarter inch
plywood board under.  Then the back of the board would have two holes that
would slip over two bolt heads at the rear of the opening.  However, the
illustration in the Moss catalogue seems to indicate some sort of hinge at
the front of the board.

2.  How far toward the back of the car does the wooden trunk floor extend?
Is it all the way to the point where the chassis floor sheet metal goes
horizontal to vertical, or is it to an inch ahead of that point where there
is a small structural ridge pressed into the horizontal sheet metal, or
perhaps to somewhere else?

Many thanks.

John Cowan