Re: Pike's Peak in a Triumph

To: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: Pike's Peak in a Triumph
From: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 19:47:13 -0400
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Dave Fain wrote:

> Wayne Moyer wrote:
>
> >Aspiring to climb pikes peak in a Triumph
>
> Wayne, the Rocky Mountain Triumph Club has a club outing
> every June when we do just that.  We also climb Mt. Evans
> which has the "highest motor road in the U.S.", making
> the RMTC Mt. Evans Run the "highest British automobile
> event in the U.S.".  Wonder if we can get into Guinness?
>
> Drop me a line if you make it to Colorado in your Triumph
> or if you want to hitch a ride up the mountain with one of us.
> Dave Fain

Actualy, we two Delawareans went up there last week in a T Bird and
experienced the joy of a flat tire at 12,000ft! We also took in the
Sunday car show and were very impressed with the size and quality of the
turn out.
the paintwork on somer of the Morgans was particularly outstanding. I
heard it was some obscure Dutch two pak system a local restorer uses.

Stu-Jo, Delaware