Re: Dying legend

To: david r simpson <dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com>
Subject: Re: Dying legend
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 17:13:53 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
david r simpson wrote:

> To:  Another story of fading glory
>
> At A tire shop I was pricing tires for the spit and the guy at
> the counter asked for what kind of car and I replied a 76
> Triumph Spitfire, And he then replied, Oh and who made it.
> Time to, find another time shop. Gee at a automotive type store
> you think a guy in his 30's would have heard about Triumphs.
>
> Dave Simpson
> NE Ohio

Nothing new to me..... I've been asked that question at practically all
the typical local parts and tire stores...  "Oh and who makes that?"
seems to be the question of the day....

I loved buying and oil filter from such a place a while back... first he
asked the "who makes that?" question... then he looked it up on his
computer... looked amazed... and disappeared into the back... (this was
one of those fairly spic-n-span, clean, modern parts stores...)  he came
out from the back... with a TR oil filter... the box was covered in
dust... it looked like it had been sitting for years...    Inside, the
filter looked fine...   though the oil filter gasket was suspect...

Justin