Re: Chemistry? Was: SB42

To: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Chemistry? Was: SB42
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 15:06:47 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
William Davies wrote:
> I think there's a point being missed here,

  I think more sorely missed here is a scientific method
towards problem solving. Consider your facts carefully,
and don't leap to conclusions because they are
convenient.

  It seems like everybody who wants to use leaded
gas can find a "TOTALLY CONVINCING" study somewhere
that "PROVES" they are right. Well, studies can
prove anything if you decide on a viewpoint first
and then go shopping for studies.

> Unless a Catalytic Converter is fitted to a vehicle, Unleaded fuel is
> proven to be MORE dangerous than Leaded.

  Proven where? More importantly, define dangerous?

  Some chemicals in some gasolines are not so healthy
to rub all over your hands or to soak your clothing in.

  But that does not necessarily translate to being
less healthy to the atmosphere when burned and
released, which is what really matters to most
people who aren't gas tank repair guys.

  Lead sucks. Frankly, we've been without it forever,
and I don't see the massive automotive carnage that
the british auto press seems to like portray.

  Accept it, move on.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada