RE: RX-7 conversion

To: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net> (Return requested), "CAMHI ALAN" <camhi@symbol.com> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: RX-7 conversion
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 26 Sep 1997 17:09:12 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0790E342C4EA8058-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 26 Sep 1997 17:09:12 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 26 Sep 1997 17:09:12 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0790E342C4EA8058*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
CAMHI ALAN wrote:

> If you are deciding to exchange piston for rotary, Look into a turbo
> version(they are hard to find but well worth the search).  The boost you
> get going from 3-6000 RPMs is incredible.  There is some lag but when it
kicks in...hold on.   Plus the whine the turbine makes is really cool.
Just fashion a hood scoop for the air intake and you are set to go.
Just my two cents.  I think it would be kind of cool(even though it
detracts from the charm of the original car).

> Alan Camhi
> '65 TR4
 ----------------------------------
John wrote:
My dream engine swap??  Mitsubishi 2.6 intercooled FI turbo 4 cylinder
and 5 speed from a Starion/Conquest.  Bet you could even swap in the
rear end too!  An ex-girlfriend had one and I've loved the motor since.
Big kick in the pants at 3500 RPM!
===========
John - I drove one of those once, and that's probably a good swap, although
I would be concerned about the size of the bellhousing and the tranny -
you'd probably have to modify the frame to get it to fit.   Barry Schwartz
is the "Spit Swap God" in my book - imagine, a 150 bhp (give or take) Ford
V6 stuffed in a 1600 pound LBC originally designed for 70 to 75 bhp!
Crimony, must be scary as all hell to drive (even with the Quaif).  You
know, my Spit has been completely rebuilt and it still flexes like a rubber
band over pot holes, railroad crossings, etc.  The torque of the V6 must
twist the hell out of that little chassis!  The difference between men and
boys is the price of their toys..............
Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Dept.
Los Angeles, CA 90015