Re: Soft brakes fix -- Clutch Too?

To: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Soft brakes fix -- Clutch Too?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 16:19:43 -0400
Cc: Melyod@aol.com, Bristol7@aol.com, tlt@digex.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bollen wrote:
> Yes!! It does work on the clutch! M y wife and I put about a quart of
> fluid thru the TR8 clutch and it still had lots of play. An overnight
> pedal jamming improved it 100%

  An interesting discussion would be "will driving the
car create the same effect".

  The magic fix might solve the problem overnight
and give an immediately noticeable difference. But
perhaps normal pedal action over a months driving
would slowly acheive the same goal.

  You might not notice because of the gradual change,
but it might work out to the same thing. You don't
spend as much time with the clutch down in a month
as overnight, but the vibrating and bouncing car
might help move the air around to make it work.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada