Re: emissions

Subject: Re: emissions
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 13:15:50 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I may have left it out of my original message, but I wasn't actually
referring to regular emissions testing.  I understand what a hassle that
can be, even though I don't have to deal with it.  It sounds stupid to me,
too, that they feel they need to look under the hood, when it's emissions,
not emissions equipment, that they're testing for.  I wonder what they'd
do if you tried to clean up more emissions, tell you again your equipment
wasn't appropriate?  Do I understand they won't even let you improve your
fuel system, even though it doesn't hurt emissions?
What I was mostly talking about, is people who remove emissions controls,
because they think those devices hurt performance, when it sounds like
they don't have much effect at all, particularly when compared to
compression reduction.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U
Bloomington, IN