Re: emissions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: emissions
From: tom.omalley@channel1.com
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 01:08:05 GMT
Jim Ruwaldt writes:

>Again, I think people are missing the point.  I was referring to people
>who remove emission controls and claim that they get improved horsepower,
>when the primary drain on horsepower is the reduced compression.

Jim...I've read that for each additional point of compression you
might see approximately 3% more power.

For reasons unknown to me, the 1976 Federal Spec Spitfire came through
with compression *increased* to 9.0 to 1...up from the 7.5 to 1 used
the three years before and in all later years.

Comparing that car's performance to the dual S.U. UK version should
give you your answer.

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits