emissions

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: emissions
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:09:42 -0500 (EST)
I just got off the phone with emissions testing agency in Lake County in
northwest Indiana.  I don't know if they're the only agency like them in
the country, but they only check for emissions compliance.  They don't
care what kind of equipment you have unless you're applying for a waiver.
So, you could have a completely different fuel system, milled head,
advanced spark, anything to improve your performance, and, as long as you
don't put out more than the accepted limits, which are of course set for
the model year, you're fine.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U
Bloomington, IN