Spitfire tank float

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire tank float
From: TJYD20A@prodigy.com (MR THOMAS JONES)
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 22:22:01, -0500
I just bought a 79 spitfire which seems to be in quite good shape.
Being
new at this, I will probably ask lots of really basic questions, so
any of
you who are hesitant to be seen as uninformed, relax; I've got you
covered.

Okay, here goes.  The fuel guage didn't work,so I removed the sender
and
found that the float had a leak and was full of gasoline and
therefore, not
surprisingly, not floating.  I see where the Roadster Factory sells
the whole
sender unit, but not the float alone, which is all I need.

1)  Does anyone know where I could order just the float

2) better yet, has anyone ever repaired a float.  There is just
a little whole in it, where it is held in place by the loop arm.
Anyone have a recommendation on a bonding material that I could
repair the whole with?

Thanks and be ready for some really dumb questions.  I am working up
my courage
to ask some real yuckers.

Thom Jones
1979 Spit