Spitfire tank float

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, TJYD20A@prodigy.com
Subject: Spitfire tank float
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 97 16:47:02 -0500
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Thom,
     You can use a cork instead. You may want to shellac it. Old cars used
     to use corks; they don't leak either.
     Regards,
     Jim Wallace

     From: TJYD20A@prodigy.com (MR THOMAS   JONES)

     .....found that the float had a leak and was full of gasoline and
     therefore, not surprisingly, not floating.  I see where the Roadster
     Factory sells the whole sender unit, but not the float alone, which is
     all I need.

     1)  Does anyone know where I could order just the float

     2) better yet, has anyone ever repaired a float.  There is just
     a little whole in it, where it is held in place by the loop arm.
     Anyone have a recommendation on a bonding material that I could
     repair the whole with?..............