RE: Windshield Trim

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Windshield Trim
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 10:29:12 -0700
One reason why the two ends will not meet anymore is that the plastic
trim has shrunk from sitting out in the sun. So what I did before
installing mine was leave the trim (in its original "coiled" state) sit
in the sun on the hottest spot of my parents' deck for a couple of
weeks. One thing I didn't do was take before and after measurements but
I would expect any shrinkage to have occurred prior to my installing the
trim. Soapy water makes the plastic fit in the groove a lot easier - I
needed no mallet to get mine in, only lotsa thumb pressure.

Good luck.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada