Re: Windshield Trim

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Windshield Trim
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 19:58:13 -0600
fellow listers:
with respect to windshield trim question, the trim on my 76 Spitfire looks
awful so I've been looking into replacement when I get the car painted
I noticed someone (Moss?) had it on sale and was about to buy, but I saw a
very nice looking blue Spitfire at the Oakton Community Colloge Britsh Car
Show last September, there was no trim, it looked very nice with the simple
black rubber windshield "seal" so I asked the guy about it. He said he'd
tried to replace it, even tried using the tool he bought (from Victoria
British?), but found it impossible and decided it looked fine without.  He
had a nice looking TR6 to go with his Spitfire and I don't think he was
afraid to do his own wrenching, so I decided it must not be worth the
trouble and I've pretty much decided to leave it off- it's certainly an
option, at least on Spitfires
Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC  VTR #11526  *Spit happens*
"I'll take him to the Jesuits for they know the sins of the Pope himself."
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt page 129 (my daughter attends a Jesuit High
School)