Re: Windshield Trim

To: Bob Danielson <rdaniels@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Windshield Trim
From: "Todd W. Sigety" <toddsig@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 19:26:40 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bob Danielson wrote:

> There's a "silver" piece of trim around the windshield that is installed in
> the middle of the rubber gasket. In the Moss catalog it's referred to as
> "Finisher - glazing rubber part # 801-030". Does this serve any purpose or
> is it just finishing trim? Whoever put it in last did a crummy job and it's
> all banged up and the two ends don't meet. Is it more trouble then it's
> worth to replace?
> Thanks
> Bob Danielson
> 75 TR6...finally

Bob,

I just replaced the rubber windscreen seal a few weeks ago.  I also
replaced the windshield trim and clip at the same time.  For the trim,
it is an easy job, and like Peter states, only thumb pressure to
install.  I uncoiled, stared from the bottom middle and worked around
the windshield and had it installed in 10 minuets.  I had heard on this
list that the trim does shrink, so I left it un-trimmed for the time
being. It has not shrunk that much, if at all over the past several
weeks.

IMHO, the car looks better with the windshield trim, and trim and clip
only cost about $10.00.  Hope this helps, good luck.

Todd Sigety
1970 TR6
Alexandria, VA