Re: dismantling advice

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: dismantling advice
From: Stuart Steele <ssteele@switchsolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 19:38:00 -0600
> I've decided that my '71TR6 has to dismantled whether its a parts car
or
> restoration candidate.  My plan now is to slowly take it apart, clean
> the parts as they are removed, bag 'em and tag 'em.

>  Any suggestions here?  Thanks in advance.

        Here is something I do that might prove useful to you.  I am
currently slowly dismantling a Mercedes turbodiesel engine, and fixing
things as I can afford them, so I plan on this job taking a long time,
longer, at least, than my memory of complex operations.  I bought  a
small tape recorder, and I record instructions for myself as I take
things apart.  This is a really goony thing to do, I realize, but as
long as neighborhood children, or any of your friends, don't see you
doing it, you can get away with it, and it is surprisingly helpful.  I
write down the index marks from the tape counter after each session(
start and stop ), with a few hints on what I did, so that I can find
things more easily.

Stuart Steele
1969 TR6