Re: 63 spit dash

To: lewis mckillop <lsmc@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Re: 63 spit dash
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 11:26:30 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spit <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, lewis mckillop wrote:

>     Hello again,
> I am putting the instrument cluster together in my 63 spit. Other than
> the four gauges in the panel there are two holes in it. One for ignition
> switch, one for (another switch?), and one for an indicator light for
> something. Could someone tell me what system the indicator light is for
> and what the other switch is for?

The indicator (top, between the two big dials, right?) is for turn
signals. The other switch is for lighting. On most U.S.-spec. early
Spitfires, this switch lights only the gauge lights. On Spitfires for
other markets, this was the master lighting switch: first pull to turn on
the light circuit, second pull for the gauge lights.

>     Also, on the piece the odometer trip reset button is attached to
> there is a place for another switch. What is this switch for?

Can't help on that one; sorry!

--Andy